Is sports betting no longer fun? Here's how you can find support.
It may be time to step away if sports betting is no longer a fun, affordable activity. The signs below may indicate that it’s time to take a break from playing.
- Sports betting for longer and longer periods of time
- Lying about the extent of sports betting
- Often missing work or school to wager
- Neglecting personal or family responsibilities to wager
- Using sports betting as an escape
- Wagering with money needed for paying bills
- Believing the “big win” will bring sports betting under control
If you or someone you know is having a hard time managing play, support is available.
The National Problem Gambling Helpline and its affiliates provide services to assist people and families affected by problem gambling. Take the self-assessment or you can call or text the 24-hour confidential hotline: 1-800-GAMBLER.
The Entain Foundation’s Gamble Responsibly America app offers assets and information in English and Spanish to help people gamble responsibly and provide guidance for those struggling.
Kindbridge offers specialized telehealth counseling for mental health and gambling disorder.